Saturday, March 16, 2013

Rootstech

Tomorrow Morning one of your Society bloggers is taking off to Salt Lake City to join 5,000 family history history enthusiasts at the Rootstech Conference. I am thrilled to have an opportunity to attend this megaconference and have a few extra days to research in The Family History Library. Jenny Joyce from the Society is also heading to the conference and will no doubt be blogging an tweeting about it. We will both have lots to tell you on our return.

It is not my practice to talk about personal things on this blog but I thought some of you may be interested in this particular bit of news. On the Familysearch Blog yesterday it was announced that my session will be one of 13 sessions of the 250 at the conference that will be livestreamed. That means that you can watch the session live over the internet at 8:00 am next Friday. More importantly all of the keynotes will be livestreamed plus some other sessions from family history megastars like Thomas MacEntee and James Tanner. After the conference you’ll be able to access recordings of these streamed sessions at rootstech.org.

I will be blogging about my adventures and experiences in Salt Lake City on my personal blog. My co-blogger, Jackie van Bergen, and I will continue to post on the Society blog during my absence overseas.


No comments:

Post a Comment